What are the key points for selecting a horizontal fire pump?
1) The testing of structural requirements, corrosion resistance, mechanical properties, continuous operation and other performances should meet the requirements of GB6245-200 fire pump manufacturer 6 standard.
2) The pumps used in the horizontal fire-fighting pump set should be type-approved and type-inspected and meet relevant standards. The prime mover selected should be finalized and certified and meet the relevant standards. The engine should have good start performance at room temperature, and it should be guaranteed to start smoothly within 5s. Within 20s after the water is introduced, the horizontal fire pump should be able to reach the rated working condition.
3) The impeller of the horizontal fire pump rotates flexibly without jamming.
4) The flow and pressure of the horizontal fire pump should be calculated and determined according to the requirements of the buildings (or factories, residential quarters), storage yards, storage tanks, etc., for fire fighting water volume and pressure. The fire fighting water pump shall meet the water pressure and flow requirements. The flow and head of the horizontal fire pump shall not be lower than the design requirement value, nor lower than the given value of the performance curve.
5) The fire water pump of the temporary high-pressure fire water supply system should be one for one use, or one for more use. The working capacity of the standby fire pump shall not be less than one of the fire fighting pumps. When multiple use and one backup are used, the impact on system flow and pressure when multiple horizontal fire pumps work in parallel should be considered.
6) When choosing a horizontal fire pump, its flow-pressure (Q-P) characteristic curve should be flat and without hump. When conditions permit, a tangent pump or pump valve (pressure-reducing and stabilizing valve) integrated water pump set can be used.