Electric Fire Pump Testing Step:
1. Call the alarm company and have the system put on test.
2. Close the main control valve to the system.
3. Perform manual start of the fire pump by pressing the start button on the fire pump controller.
4. Verify there is sufficient flow from the 3/4” casing relief valve on the fire pump.
5. Verify there the fire pump packing gland is properly adjusted.
6. Record the fire pumps suction and discharge pressures, as well as the volt and amp readings on the fire pump controller.
7. After 10 minutes push the stop button on the fire pump controller.
8. Perform an automatic start of the fire pump by relieving pressure from the fire pump sensing line. Verify cooling water. After 10 minutes the controller will shut itself off.
9. Open the main control valve to the system.
10. Call the alarm company and have the system placed back in service.